Wednesday, January 6, 2010

House Retaining Wall I Have A 4 Foot Poured Concrete Retaining Wall In Front Of My House....?

I have a 4 foot poured concrete retaining wall in front of my house....? - house retaining wall

so that the wall began to crumble when I started to grow to large shrubs on the wall of my garden at the top of the wall be removed. I think that makes the roots work. So, now the wall is crumbling more every time it rains, and I have a pile of ruins of concrete, stones and dirt under each hole in the wall. I use wood leaning against the wall and poured new concrete to fill his pants. Will it work?

5 comments:

IndianaH... said...

Simply clean everything from the wall before the last rain. The construction of a new form (wall) about 16 "-24" wall with the ends. Make sure your keys are so high that if the concrete does not get what we call a cast "Blow Out". They have concrete supplier of fiber, add concrete and reinforcing steel have to worry about. Smooth top with a board or swim. let stand for 24-36 hours, then remove the form.
If you have small air bubbles in the side after removing the form, you can buy a small bag of concrete ready facilitated.
For best results, remove the old wall, and press and go away.

gsublett... said...

If you intend to use the specific needs in, add what ever you remain entrenched. I do not recommend the use of concrete blocks, as you say. I do not give enough concrete to hold on an anchor.

itsmyitc... said...

Casting new sections of the wall will not prevent the old crumbling concrete. Remove the old and the new hangar. The task and do it again.

dsgrieve said...

Not really. The new rain, not the stick for the elderly and cast would end up with a more serious problem - the new record from cracks. You can solve some concrete slabs to the bits of a collapse.

oldtimer said...

before. it has served its purpose. Take it down, build a word about it, and a new one. really.

Post a Comment